WAVE Foundation and the Newport Aquarium’s “Conservation Fund” provides support for local, regional, national or global conservation partnerships, programs and initiatives.
Funds generated for the “Conservation Fund” are acquired in a variety of ways. By just visiting the Newport Aquarium, you can support us.
Here are some simple ways that you can help while you’re at the Newport Aquarium:
- Drop a coin into the whale fountain in the Newport Aquarium’s lobby.
- Round-up your retail purchase in the Aquarium retail store through our “Dollars for Conservation” program.
- Visit the “Conservation Corner” to purchase WAVE merchandise in the Aquarium Gift Shop OR at our online store.
Other ways to help us raise money for conservation!
- Did you know that a percentage of every private penguin encounter goes to the WAVE Foundation when you go behind the scenes?
- You can donate directly to the WAVE Foundation and tell us what conservation program or initiative you want to support.
- Attend WAVE events such as our Putt for Penguins golf outing or Nauti Nite – proceeds benefit our conservation and education programs.
What we fund: We support conservation initiatives on a local, regional, national or global scale that fits into the WAVE Foundation’s mission of “Promoting the Welfare of Aquatic Life through Advocacy, Volunteerism and Education.”